Germains Seed Technology offers some of the best seed treatments for tomatoes that help maximize your crop’s perfomance in the field or greenhouse. Our seed technologies help; singulate seeds at planting to reduce thinning or to help expedite the planting tray planting process, improve emergence and uniformity, and provide early crop protection that contributes to improved yield.
You may select from the following seed treatments for tomatoes that may be stacked together creating a customized seed treatment for your cultivation practices:
Best Seed Treatments for Tomatoes
Seed Priming – Germains offers emerges® seed priming to help improve emergence, uniformity, earlier crop development and increased final population.
Seed Pelleting – pelleting your tomato seed with a high-quality lightweight pellet such as our ProPellet® improves singulation when planting. In addition, seed pelleting makes it easier to handle your seed and may be combined with a crop protection products to help protect your plants as soon as they emerge.
Filmcoating – adding crop protection products either to your pellet or as a filmcoat to the seed is your first line of defense for protecting your crop upon emergence. Germains offers the following agrochemicals and ProBio® organic biologicals to help protect your crop from plant diseases.
Conventional Filmcoat Options:
- TSP – Trisodium Phosphate Treatment is a filmcoat that is applied to tomatoes to help remove Tomato Mosaic Virus (TMV) from the seed.
- Thiram– is one of the most commonly used seed-protectant fungicides for vegetable crops. Thiram helps protect your plants from soil-borne diseases.
ProBio® Organic Filmcoat Options:
- Actinovate® – a biological fungicide manufactured by Monsanto Bio Ag. that is composed of the Streptomyces lydicus WYEC strain of bacteria. Germains ProBio® Actinovate® can be used to protect against Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Phytophthora, Fusarium, Sclerotinia and other root decay fungi.
- Mycostop® – manufactured by Verdera OY, is a concentrated mixture of dried spores and mycelium ray fungus, Streptomyces griseoviridis Strain K61. Germains ProBio® Mycostop can be used to protect against soil pathogens such as Pythium, Fusarium, and Phomopsis. ProBio® Mycostop has shown suppression of Botrytis gray mold and root rots such as Phytophthora and Rhizoctonia.
- T-22® – a specific strain of Tricoderma formulation developed by Bioworks, Inc. T-22 is a concentrated mixture of dried spores of a specialized hybrid strain of Trichoderma harzarium Rifai Strain T-22. Germains ProBio® T-22 provides protection against plant root pathogens such as Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Fusarium, Clyindrocladium and Thielaviopsis.
If you have any questions or wish to trial any of the seed treatments offered before treating all of your seeds, please contact our knowledgeable sales staff for recommendations.
Contents of this article are property of Germains Seed Technology and is not intended for replication. All Rights Reserved.