ProFlo® is a heavy seed encrustment coating that increases the seed size and weight to help improve singulation when planted with a vacuum seeder. Proflo improves singulation during planting vs. planting raw seed while making the seed more visible in the soil. Unlike the traditional round pellet with a specific pellet size, encrustments maintain the seeds natural shape while adding bulk and weight to the seed so that it flows through vacuum planters with fewer skips and doubles.
New ProFlo® Seed Encrustment for Onions
Germains R&D team recently reformulated the conventional Proflo treatment for onions. The new formula enhanced the encrustment’s integrity, reduced dust off, and improved the accuracy of the final coated seed count per lb. to meet grower’s planter specifications.
- Improved integrity for easy planting and singulation
- Significant reduction in dust off
- Elimination of buildup requirements for FarMore® applications
- Finished desired seed count accuracy ranging from 55K to 95K +/- 5K seed per lb
- Reduction in the number of doubles and skips
Final Seed Count Accuracy Testing:
Extensive testing has been conducted to achieve accuracy for accommodating requests for final seed counts.
Endive, Escarole, Lettuce, Onion/Shallot, Parsnip, Radicchio