Germains has an extensive range of seed technologies to support our customers requirements. However there may be times when you would like to explore new opportunities or seek a customised seed technology solutions specific to your needs or a solution to the challenges you are experiencing. Germains seed polymers offer our customers a flexible approach in developing bespoke seed technology solutions that satisfy your specific requirements.
Below you can find out more about our seed polymer colour range, polyselect®. Germains’ polyselect®seed polymer brand offers a wide range of colors that allows you the ability to treat your seed in-house. However if you would like to discuss other opportunities please click here.
Key benefits of polyselect® Seed Polymers:
- Precise and even distribution of agrochemical treatments
- Carrier of seed-applied plant protection products
- Strong binding agent
- Reduction in dust exposure
- High visibility in the field
- Product identification
- Increased shelf life
Polyselect® Seed Polymers
Seed coating polymers are used in the filmcoating process. The filmcoating process consists of the application of a thin water permeable polymer based coating layer onto the seed, seed coating or pellet. Germains offers a range of colours, coverage qualities, opacities and finishes such as matt, shine and sparkle.
Our polyselect® brand seed coating polymer ranges include aqueous premixes of polymer-binder, opacifier and dispersed pigment colour. A range of colours is available in each series, some also offering a neutral uncoloured version. Most are supplied in concentrated form, offering a variety of advantages, including:
- Better shelf life as a result less settling out of components
- Greater flexibility of dilution at point of use
- Less water, resulting in reduced shipping cost and storage costs
There is a polyselect® polymer coating for most of application; polyselect® polymers offer a solution to your problem. Germains polyselect® polymers have been tested and used through number of coating equipment to ensure its compatibility. The amount of materials required depends on a number of factors including:
- Type of seed-treatment equipment
- Species, colour, size and surface texture of the seed
- Cosmetic quality required
- Loading of active and inert solids required
Finishing Powders, Coating and Pelleting Blends
Finishing powders are used to absorb any excess liquid adhering to the surface of the seed after treatment. This allows seed to singulate and flow freely after treatment, in the absence of a post-treatment drying stage. If too little powder is applied to the seed, the seeds will stick together. If too much powder is applied, there may be excess dust, which could cause a handling problem and exceed local dust emission regulation. Prior trials will help to determine the correct balance.
Application rate is dependent on a variety of factors:
- The type, size and absorptive capacity of the seed
- Total seed surface area to be covered
- The amount of liquid applied in the mix
- The cosmetic effect desired
Please contact us today for finishing powder application rates.
Seed Coating Technology
Seed coatings can fulfil a range of purposes, including:
- Adding weight and gravity to very light or fluffy seeds, such as grasses
- Increasing the size of very small and fine seeds, such as some flower seeds and tobacco seed and increasing the size of undersized seed.
- For specific scale or planting requirements, such as sunflower and corn maize
- Improving the size and shapes of uneven or elongated seeds, such as sugar beet, lettuce and carrot for greater precision of planting
- Applying seed treatments to protect the seed and seedling from pest and diseases, in a safe and accurate manner for the applicator and user
Germains Seed Coating Technology Systems comprise a package of technologies – , materials, , skills, know-how, quality control and technical support that is required to carry out successful seed treatment, coating and pelleting operations.
Build-up and Pelleting Blends
Blended powders are specifically tailored to provide build-up, encrustment and pellets, which are working in harmony with the biological and mechanical requirements of the seed.
Download More Information
Guide to Field Crop Seed Coatings
Seed Coating Polymers Booklet
Matt Colour Series Profolio
500 Matt Series Tech Sheet
Shine Colour Series
500 Shine Series Tech Sheet
Sparkle Colour Series
500 Sparkle Series Tech Sheet