Maximise Your Sugar Beet Yield!
For over 50 years, Germains have been delivering innovative new seed technologies to UK Sugar Beet growers. We are continuing to support the industry with the launch of a new product: Xbeet® enrich 100.
What is Xbeet® enrich 100?
Xbeet® enrich 100 is a combination of a new pellet and elicitor treatment that promotes stronger plants, leading to greater yield potential.
What is an elicitor?
Naturally derived elicitors set off chain reactions that trigger different responses to not only pathogenic fungi and bacteria but also abiotic stresses such as drought, heat and cold. These reactions improve stress tolerance, crop establishment, growth and ultimately the yield of the Sugar Beet.
- Faster emergence in UK field conditions
- Greater leaf coverage
- Improved uniformity
- Stronger plants leading to increased yield potential
Small Plot Trials
Xbeet® enrich 100 demonstrated an average increase in yield of 1.5%.
What are Small Plot Trials?
- Trial Design: Small randomised blocks
- 4 years of trials, 6 replications of the treatment across 6 trials sites
The Strip Trials achieved a 4.4% increase in yield.
What are Strip Trials?
- Strip Trials studied the performance of Xbeet® enrich 100 in large replicated strips across the field, this takes into account variable field conditions
- Pellets are planted with a commercial drill, the fields are managed using standard agronomic practice and the roots are harvested with a commercial 6 row harvester
- The trials demonstrate a yield benefit under conditions as close as possible to normal farming practice
Xbeet® enrich 100 demonstrated a 9.6% increase in emergence at an early count demonstrating faster emergence and a 2% increase in final emergence compared to Xbeet® plus technology.
Want to discover more about Xbeet® enrich 100?