This position is responsible for all material that moves through the shipping & receiving department (warehouse), maintaining a clean and organized warehouse and conducting inventory cycle counts. It is also required to pick up and deliver orders to local customers, using the Germains delivery truck, in order to meet productivity demands in a fast paced ever changing work environment.
Key Responsibilities would be:
- Make deliveries and pickups for Germains’ customers in a safe and professional manner
- Unload raw material and customer packing materials and place in their proper locations
- Define, develop and improve shipping and receiving SOP’s. Cross train operations team on SOP’s
- Work closely with Customer Service to prioritise orders to ship and deliver, ensuring that the orders are delivered on time in full and without errors
- Work within production management system (PMS) to create & complete Dispatch documentation
- Assist with delivering a weekly inventory of completed customer orders that are at the Germains Gilroy Facility.
- Keep Customer Service apprised of any pending issues regarding the planned shipment of orders
- Maintain the stock of receiving labels, and general supplies in a neat an organized manner.
- Check germination dates before shipping. Apply updated germination stickers as necessary
- Final check of all labelling and packaging information before shipping.
- Execute the production plan in your area of responsibility. Safely and efficiently consolidate orders for shipment and delivery meeting the shipping schedule in full
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments with UPS, FedEx, and LTL Shippers.
- Responsible for keeping the truck log up to date with each day’s deliveries and customer pickups.
- Responsible for keeping the Shipping and Receiving log up to date with documentation of all shipments and deliveries Match incoming shipment packing slips to Purchase orders and distribute to the proper department or individual for sign off. Deliver completed paperwork to finance.
- Conducting period end inventory cycle counts
- Assist in packaging or where need as instructed by manager or supervisor.
- Maintain product quality in accordance to standards through process control and inspection
- Raise and respond to NCR’s – detailing root cause, corrective and preventative actions.
- Work with Quality to resolve non-conformance issues and improvements to products and processes
- Develop actions to prevent re-occurring non-conformances, get approval and implement the corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Check the accuracy of customer orders after packing (verify unit counts, labelling etc.)
- Complete administrative paperwork as required for company reporting procedures
- Report incidents which may impact on safety, product quality or adherence to schedule.
- Dispose of all waste streams appropriately in line with the companies Environmental Policy
- Additional work identified as necessary for the operation of the business
Experience required is as follows:
Minimum requirements of High School/GED; AA or BS preferred in a science-based curriculum or agriculture-based area of study
Germains is committed to personal development within the business so any requirements for individuals in terms of assistance, guidance and training will be considered.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered for the role which will be commensurate with the experience and track record of the successful candidate. As we operate a continuous process some weekend working during our peak season might be required.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to Janet Bryan at email@example.com.
Closing Date for all applications: 12:00 noon, Friday, May 14, 2021.