The Lead Operator for the Drying and Clipping operation will be responsible for the day to day safe and efficient operations of the Dryer beds and Clipper equipment
Key Responsibilities would be:
- Report into the Production Supervisor on a daily basis to ensure all priorities and manufacturing plans are understood
- Clearly communicate these instructions to the operators in the area
- Ensure all equipment is operated in a safe manner and consistent with current procedures
- Clearly understand and demonstrate the understanding and knowledge of the operations of all equipment and procedures in the dryer and clipping area
- Verification of performance to procedures will be conducted with the Production Supervisor and QC
- Train all operators in the safe and efficient operation of the equipment
- Each operator shall be certified by a skills demonstration test administered by QC when deemed ready by the area Lead
- Until the operator passes the certification test, all seed movement must be accompanied by a signature from the lead or the supervisor in addition to the operator’s signature
- In the absence of the lead operator or supervisor, seed movement may continue if signed off by another certified operator
- Monitor the daily productivity of all operators and report data to the Production Supervisor
- Report any Safety violations and record Near Misses as they occur
- Report all NCR’s as they occur and support by investigating and implementing corrective action plans as required
Experience required is as follows:
Must have 1-2 years of experience in a production environment in a lead role or supervisory level position; strong attention to detail; ability to communicate instructions clearly
High School Diploma or equivalent
Germains is committed to personal development within the business so any requirements for individuals in terms of assistance, guidance and training will be considered.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered for the role which will be commensurate with the experience and track record of the successful candidate. As we operate a continuous process some weekend working during our peak season will be required.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to Janet Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for all applications: Wednesday, December 23, 2020