What is the purpose?
The primary purpose of the role is to provide financial support and reporting to the European business unit in UK, Netherlands and Spain by driving effective financial processes and delivering financial insight for the European senior management team.
The job holder will be accountable for the preparation and integrity of the period management accounts, budgets, forecasts, VAT and tax reporting, ABF Group Reporting packs, completeness and accuracy of financial information in the EU business unit’s ERP and finance systems. The job holder must be able to demonstrate compliance with Germains and ABF Group financial controls.
What will you need?
The job holder should be educated to Degree Level standard (or equivalent) with evidence of further studies carried out in a professional capacity. CIMA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualified finance professional.
Proven experience in partnering with executive level stakeholders (both finance and non-finance). To excel in this role, you will be experienced in both commercial accounting roles with a desire to understand business performance and have experience in financial control. You will have demonstrated success in balancing a busy workload to tight deadlines. Highly competent in using Excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Management of the sales and margin numbers for Europe, including weekly and periodic reporting of Actuals and WIP and ownership of the sales file, ensuring reporting reconciles to Sage and supporting commentary of variances is obtained and reported to deadline.
- Support short term and long-term forecast meetings with the hort commercial team, providing constructive challenge to key account managers to drive ambition in commercial targets.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as requested and proactively look for trends and anomalies within margin data to drive understanding of business performance
- Support the delivery of automation of sales reporting ensuring this is accurate and streamlines the current processes
- Lead the creation of senior management period end reporting presentations for the European Business unit, including budget analysis, consolidation of EU entities, periodic sales and margin commentary, reporting of key variances to EU Finance Business Partner, and ensuring risks and opportunities are highlighted, within deadlines
- Post journals as needed for Claims, Rebates and Sales accruals and others where needed
- Responsibility for reviewing EU Period End Dashboards, journals and master file changes on a periodic basis, ensuring accounts are as expected and suggesting areas of improvement in supporting files and actions to be taken. Work with UK and NL Assistant accountants to investigate issues and resolve in a timely manner.
- Support European Finance Business Partner in maintaining and continuously improving robust control systems and structure in line with ABF’s financial control framework.
- Support internal and external audits in UK and NL, ensuring files requested are provided in a timely manner and reviewed for completion
- Ensure financial control checks are carried out accurately on payment runs before authorising.
- Lead on the completion and improvements to the European Cost Model, updating this annually for latest results. Work to improve current Qlik reporting to enhance analysis. Be curious and dive into the detail of profitability to understand performance across the product and species range and suggest areas of focus for the commercial and operations teams.
- Support the EU Finance Business Partner on the preparation and consolidation of financial forecasts, with particular focus on the ABF pack preparations
- Analyse, recommend and implement changes to the ERP and financial system to further support the requirements of the finance department
- Identify and implement process improvements within the finance department to improve efficiency, demonstrate controls and provide cost savings
- To maintain effective, co-operative working relationships with all internal and external customers, providing advice and solutions where practical and possible
- This role will support commercial teams in the Netherlands, Spain and UK sites and therefore may require spending time in both the UK and Netherlands sites.
- Confident working across locations with different cultures and languages.
- Additional work, including project work, identified as necessary for the operation of the business.
Contract type: This is a permanent part time position (22.5 hours per week). Work pattern is flexible.
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity/ adoption leave and pay
- Agile working practices
- An award-winning employee wellbeing team
- Health Plan
|Salary||Range EUR 47000 - EUR 52000 (Jaarlijks fulltime)|