As the EU Portfolio Manager you will plan, manage and lead the implementation of a portfolio of projects across the EU which underpin the ability to deliver of the EU 5 year plan. You will indirectly manage the relevant business Project Managers and assign them to deliver the overall portfolio on behalf of Germains. In your role along with the Portfolio steering group you will continually assess the strategic value of the projects within the portfolio and support the prioritising of resources to drive the best value outcome to the business.
Health and Safety
- Support best practice Health and Safety at Germains to ensure zero accidents.
- Assist in H&S investigations identified through near miss reporting, as and when required.
- To ensure adherence to Health and Safety policy and practice at all times.
Development of the system
- To continually review and develop the Portfolio Management System and documentation to make sure the system is fit for Germains’ purpose, and continually improves and develops as the business evolves.
- Provide the necessary information to ABS and ABF on project status and delivery update
Management of the system
- Manage the project portfolio activities for the EU Portfolio division on a day-to-day basis with the Portfolio Steering Group
- Define and be accountable for the approach and milestone dates.
- Proactively maintain and update the Portfolio Tracker in a controlled manner to take account of changes.
- Make sure that the portfolio demonstrates significant strategic planning and that the portfolio supports the company’s strategic plan.
- Support and guide the Programme Leaders and Project Managers through the project and gate process so that more projects deliver in full, on time and in budget.
- Manage portfolio risks and agree an appropriate action to mitigate/control ensuring strong governance is fully embedded. Regularly review risk assessment with project managers and escalate to Gate Keepers when required.
- Pro-actively manage issues, taking action to achieve urgent resolution and escalating promptly and clearly where necessary.
- Make all projects within the portfolio time bound and help drive a culture of adherence to timelines within the projects so there is a pace and drive to deliver. Champion the deliverables of the programme both within and outside the programme team.
- Ensure programme blueprints are kept up to date and where there are gaps or risks highlight escalate to gatekeepers.
- Manage relationships with all key stakeholders, Portfolio Steering Group and project managers based across the EU BU. Continually develop this network of contacts across the business to enable achievement of objectives and maintain these for future initiatives.
- Where necessary, liaise with the US team on projects that may have synergies
- Manage project closure in an orderly manner, including post implementation review (PIR) and ensure all outstanding tasks and actions have been handed over to the line or other programme
Support and develop staff
- Increase the quality of the Programme leaders and Project Managers by mentoring, coaching and training them.
- Where individuals are identified, develop and support them to gain further knowledge in Programme and Project Management techniques.
- Organise the Portfolio Steering Group meetings and supply all members with the correct information to allow quality decisions to be made.
- Chair the Portfolio Steering Group meetings and facilitate the meetings so that they create actions and recommendations which are beneficial to the business.
- Perform any special projects following the PMO Stage Gate process and using Six Sigma skills as and when required by the business.
- Complete administrative paperwork as required for company reporting procedures.
- Additional work and travel identified as necessary for the operation of the business.
- The job holder should be educated to HBO level with a minimum of 2 years recent work experience within project management or equivalent with evidence of further studies carried out in a professional capacity.
- Project management certification and Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent
- Ideally the job holder will have a previous good level of understanding of product development activities. A previous working of managing multiple projects is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office
- Fluent in Dutch and English (Speech and Writing)