Assistant Controller NL
The primary purposes of the role are to ensure the timely and accurate recording of all information into the company accounting systems through the application of the correct levels of authorisation and adherence to specified procedures and practices. Additionally, this role will provide financial support and reporting to the European business unit and cost centre managers.
- Ensure accounts payable, accounts receivable and payment are processed correctly through providing support to NL finance assistant.
- covering the processing of AP, AR and payment runs in times of absence and during the two part time days of the finance assistant
- Daily bank reconciliations and banking administration
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and backup information
- Preparation of month end journals
- Intercompany balances reconciliation
- Verifying supplier and customer master data changes and processes to ensure accurate data is held
- Management of Credit card administration
- Creating of recharge invoices
- BTW, tax, intrastat and CBS reporting on a timely basis
- Recording of Fixed assets in the financial system, maintaining of fixed asset register and running deprecation
- Support the stock take process including preparing of stock revaluation
- Assisting with overhead budgets and rolling forecasts
- Back up for the Dutch payroll administration
- Support on internal and external audits in NL
- Support on improvement projects and automation of processes and systems
- To maintain effective, co-operative working relationships with all internal and external customers, providing advice and solutions where practical and possible
- This role will primarily support the NL and Spain in future, and may require occasional travel to the Spanish and UK sites
- Confident working across locations with different cultures and languages.
- Additional work, including project work, identified as necessary for the operation of the business.
- The job holder should be educated to a minimum of MBO Level 4 standard in an administrative discipline (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an accounts role within a private sector organisation. Experience of AP / AR is highly desirable. Highly competent in using Excel and other Microsoft packages. Sage experience desirable.
Working for Germains:
At a time when pressure on land, water and resources is greater than at any time in human history, Germains exists to help our customers maximize the productivity and cost-effectiveness of their crops. Founded in 1871, Germains Seed Technology develops innovative industry-leading conventional and organic seed solutions, specializing in Prime, Pellet, Filmcoat and Health. We have built a culture based upon the values of Courageous, Working Together, Customer Focused, Accountable and Passionate, and support and develop our employees to fulfil their potential. If you believe that your expertise and values are aligned with those at Germains then we would love to hear from you.
- A fulltime job within an enthusiastic and highly skilled team
- Hybrid working (2 days a week in the office)
- Great secundary benefits as holiday pay, commute to work compensation, bonus arrangement, additional holidays, pension, flexible working, and many more.
|Salary||Range: EUR 3000,- to EUR 4000,- gross fulltime|