What is the purpose?
The Scientist is responsible for planning and carrying out projects with particular emphasis on seed coatings with agrochemicals and other materials. The role requires that the job holder utilises their experience of performing tests independently, including reporting, with close consultation with the senior scientists.
What will you need?
The job holder should be educated to degree level or equivalent in a chemistry, biochemistry or related subject.
An ideal candidate would have experience of formulation chemistry.
- To develop seed application processes for new agrochemicals and other materials
- Develop and evaluate seed treatment suspensions, with emphasis on microplastic-free preparations
- Understand business priorities and standard working practices and to prioritise own workload accordingly
- Transfer processes and methods to operations and QC and provide support when required
- To organise and report results of analysis as and when required
- To ensure all equipment is functioning within specifications and to assist in regular calibrations
- Contribute to trial sample preparation and dispatch
- To maintain and improve laboratory standards and quality awareness within R&D
- To present and explain data to departmental peers and business group managers
- Proactive input into continuous improvement projects
- Support best practice Health and Safety at Germains to ensure zero lost injuries
- To ensure adherence to Health and Safety policy and practices at all times
- Complete administrative paperwork as required for company reporting procedures
- Additional work identified as necessary for the operation of the business.
Germains offer a fantastic employee benefits package which includes private medical care, flexible working arrangements, enhanced maternity and paternity packages, a pension matching up to 10% of employee contributions as well as an award winning wellbeing team.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Lucy Todd (UK HR Advisor) – LTodd@germains.com
|Location||Kings Lynn, UK|