Purpose of this role:
The Research Technician is responsible for the planning and conducting of experiments and to deliver results, analyses or technical guidance based on these experiments.
What will you need?
The job holder should be educated to degree level and specialised in Molecular Biology/biological science disciplines or equivalent experience.
Previous experience in molecular biology laboratory and knowledge of standard Molecular biology techniques is desirable and any experience of germination testing would be considered an additional benefit.
- To provide assistance in the development of new molecular tests by performing PCR/qPCR, ELISA and other microplate-based assays. Carry out routine molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA/ Protein extraction, Gel electrophoresis, SDS PAGE, Western blot analysis and enzyme assays
- To support R&D activities through the provision of data originated from different molecular, germination and vigour tests
- To work collaboratively with senior scientists and perform different experiments for the development of new molecular tests
- To present and explain data to departmental peers
- To maintain and improve laboratory standards and quality awareness within R&D
- Conduct standard germination tests in paper pleats
- Report test data via accurate spreadsheet records
- Contribute to trial sample preparation and dispatch
- Contribute to general laboratory maintenance including equipment maintenance, consumable ordering and bulk reagent preparation
- Ensure all work meets the required quality standards through rigorous adherence to company policy, procedures and prescribed standards, making justified recommendations for improvements where required.
- Complete administrative paperwork as required for company reporting procedures
- To carry out general laboratory tasks as and when required
- Additional work, including project work, identified as necessary for the operation of the business
This role is based within our Research and Development team at Norwich Research Park, UK.
The starting salary will be between £22,000 and £24,000 per annum depending on experience.
Germains offer an attractive benefits package which includes: private medical insurance, a cash back healthcare plan, a pension matching up to 10% of contributions, enhanced maternity/ paternity entitlements, flexible working options and an active employee wellbeing team.
If you have any queries regarding this role please contact Lucy Todd (UK HR Advisor) Ltodd@germains.com.
|Location||Norwich Research Park (UK)|
|Salary||£22,000 - £24,000|