The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient planning and scheduling of engineering maintenance, repairs, and improvements to support production output in a safe and reliable manner, as well as being responsible for contractor management, continuous improvement, and the completion of assigned and scheduled work, as defined by operational and maintenance schedule.
- Plan and schedule work for the engineering team and manage the preventative maintenance program using the FlexMaint computerised maintenance management software (CMMS) to ensure timely completion of work orders and achieving the goals of the maintenance plan.
- Generate works orders and assign activities using the FlexMaint CMMS to the appropriate engineer based on the skills of the individuals involved and the requirements of the activity.
- Review maintenance data and documentation, such as hours worked, reports of work done, type maintenance, follow-on work, and close-out codes to ensure quality and maintenance data integrity.
- To continually develop the FlexMaint CMMS to better align with KPI development and business needs, to assist in the development of engineering areas to include the engineering spares, stock control, and 5S.
- Display a strong engineering background with experience in mechanical and electrical systems, a good understanding of pneumatic systems and control automation to help best maintain systems and services.
- Obtain costs for parts and services required for repairs, raise purchase orders, and communicate with engineering and production personnel to effectively schedule maintenance activities to meet business needs.
- Compile, standardise, and update existing Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) from risk assessments of work activities. Provide support to the engineers for development of new SSOWs for engineering activities.
- Assist Health and Safety to include investigation of incidents and the planning of any engineering work required through using the FlexMaint CMMS to achieve timely incident close out.
- Build and maintain highly effective interfaces with production, supply chain and the commercial team to define robust work schedules which meet operational needs and work priorities/timescales
- Review and generate work orders to remedy findings from statutory inspections and internal/external audits
- Routinely analyse maintenance plan and implement changes to ensure compliance to engineering standards
- Utilise engineering knowledge to make recommendations on new machinery, improve or upgrade existing systems and operate with a continuous improvement mindset
- Assist in establishing the most effective supply process for spare parts (e.g. cost, lead-time, production demand,) and manage the engineering stores as part of the engineering team
- Communicate with and influence contractors and suppliers to ensure maintenance requirements are understood and delivered. Conduct contractor inductions and issue certificates to commence work.
- When required, be hands on to assist during busy periods and resolve resource constraints including completing any outstanding scheduled maintenance actions.
- The job holder should be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent with evidence of further studies carried out in a professional capacity.
- The ideal candidate will be a multi skilled engineer with a strong electrical bias and good mechanical skill set, ideally with HNC qualifications although ONC/City & Guilds will be acceptable.
- Other skills include: computer literate with knowledge of proactive maintenance systems