What is the purpose?
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Group Head of Finance and regional finance teams; supporting the Head of Finance will involve being the finance lead for finance improvement projects (including Qlik and ERP enhancements). Further, the role will support the Head of Finance in the period end, forecast and budget process, PIP and Capex consolidation and reporting.
What will you need?
The job holder should be educated to A’ Level standard (or equivalent experience).
CIMA/ACCA or equivalent (completed or ongoing).
Minimum of 3 years experience in a role within a private sector organisation. Experience of financial systems and business intelligence tools highly desirable. Knowledge of project management, administration preferred.
- Lead finance and business information projects; ensuring coordination and consistency across regions.
- Provide effective support and backup for key finance roles across the regions by ensuring working knowledge of key aspects of period reporting, forecasting, financial controls and related key processes (including ABF Packs, PIP etc) to ensure reporting deadlines are met and financial controls maintained.
- Support Central, EU and NA Finance teams as required during peak periods of work (including PIP, ABF Packs and any other activities) to ensure reporting deadlines are met and strong financial controls are maintained.
- Coordinate the capex process ensuring consistency, quality and timeliness of submissions.
- Support business improvement projects where finance input is required.
- Undertake a ‘superuser’ role for Qlik, providing training and support to users where required across all business units and carry out ‘mini’ developments of Qlik Apps.
- Analyse, recommend, and implement changes to the ERP, Business Intelligence (Qlik) and financial system to further support the requirements of the business.
- Identify and implement process improvements within the finance department to improve efficiency, demonstrate controls and provide cost savings.
- To maintain effective, co-operative working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, providing advice and solutions where practical and possible.
- To act as the primary contact point with Sage Financials.
- Proactively maintain and update the European PMO Tracker in a controlled manner to take account of any changes; will require frequent interface with Commercial, R&D and Operations teams.
- Support and guide the Project / Technical leads through the project stage and gate process so that more projects deliver in full, on time and in budget.
- Escalate PMO risks and agree an appropriate action to mitigate/control ensuring strong governance is fully embedded.
- Present European PMO information concisely and timely to monthly and quarterly forums.
- Continually review and develop the PMO and documentation for the overall group to make sure the system is fit for purpose, and continually improves and develops as the business evolves.
- Coordinate and report the PMO activities for the overall business on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage project closure in an orderly manner, including post implementation reviews (PIR) and ensure all outstanding tasks and actions have been handed over to the operational businesses.
- Demonstrate compliance with Germains and ABF Group financial controls.
- To ensure adherence to Health and Safety policy and practices at all times.
- Additional work identified as necessary for the operation of the business.
|Location||Flexible- Kings Lynn or Peterborough. Flexible working and hybrid working options considered.|
|Salary||£38,000 - £42,000|