Seed priming is the process of regulating germination by managing the temperature and seed moisture content, in order to maximise the seed’s potential. This process can also be optimised according to our customer’s requirements.
Seed priming offers many benefits including:
- Faster speed of emergence
- Improved uniformity
- Earlier canopy development
- Wider temperature range for germination
- Increased final population
- Optimised harvesting performance
- More yield and enhanced product quality
Germains offers four options of seed priming techniques for a number of vegetable species.